Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ski Trip!

       Two weeks ago I did something I've never done before. I went skiing. I was so scared before I went. I am a very adventurous and stubborn person, even if I'm scared. I try not to let fear stop me. So I went skiing!! It was part of community week in DLA.
      We went tubing the day before. SO. MUCH. FUN. It's like sledding but you ride down the hill on a tube and then a pulley system brings you back up to the top. You can save all of your energy on riding down the hill, not climbing up it. Amazing! :)

All of us attempt to tube down the hill.
SO MUCH FUN!



      The next day we went skiing or snowboarding - depending on what you so desired. I've heard that if you've never done either skiing is your best bet. So that's what I did. Good thing too. Getting off of the ski lift is WAY harder than it looks on movies. I stood up from my ski lift seat and I fell on the ground and lost one of my skis. What a great way to start! ;) After about an hour or so I figured it out and could ski for a bit without falling over.
      FUNNY STORY: I fell down in a big snow drift. As I fell I felt something on myself falling. So I just laid there for a minute before one of the directors of the school, who was also teaching me how to ski, asked if I was okay. I said yes. He asked if my skis had fallen off. I said no. I had realized something at this point. So I told him that my pants had fallen off. Not only had they fallen down but they were halfway down my legs. How they fell that much I am not sure. So that was my embarrassing story from skiing. ;) *I was wearing snow pants on top of two other layers of pants so it wasn't quite so bad.*
      Here are some pictures. Do enjoy them please! :)

   1st off - we got a night on the town in Winter Park after we went tubing. So some of my friends and I decided to go out to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. Yum! What wonderful personalities we all have!
Austin, Caleb, Lindy

Christelle, me, and Kimdona
 Now for the skiing pictures..... ;-)
All ready for the day: Lindy, Christelle, and me

Caleb wants to be seen in the snow. ;)

Winter Park Resort

A couple of KS girls ready to go skiing!

Brenna's 1st time as well!

Up in the mountains

I stopped skiing to take some pics. ;)

Risking my life on the ski lift for a pic!

View from the Ski Lift

Front View from Ski Lift

Jill - my partner in crime down some hills.

Austin, me, Jill, and Matt

Me, Lauren, and Annie
  And these are some of the most awesome Men of God that I know. Striving to live their lives how God is calling them to and being examples to those around them along the way. I am very greatful for them!!!
Austin!!!

Jonathan!!!

Buckie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment