Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Best Friend = The Love of My Life

   I was listening to music via youtube today and I came across a song called My Best Friend by Hillsong United. This reminded me of a decision I made several years back. I have been blessed with lots of of great friends. However I don't call any of them my best friend. This is because I heard someone say one time that 'your best friend should be the person who brings out the best in you.' Hands down the one who brings out the best in me is most definitely Jesus. He always spurs me on to do bigger and better things than I think I can. Therefore the one I call my best friend is Jesus.
   Because today is Valentine's Day I've decided to tell you a little about the love of my life....who also happens to be my best friend. :-) It works out perfectly!

Dear Jesus,
   I remember....
       *Growing up knowing that you have always had a hand in my life. I was born early with heart problems and should have died, but God healed me. I now live a healthy life!
       *Asking Jesus into my heart up at the alter of Glad Tidings Church
       *Praying year after year to go to my dream school, Cair Paravel. I got to go!
       *Being baptized in Lake Shawnee and telling everyone how much I loved Jesus. I still do. ;)
       *Watching you save my father from death when he had massive blood clots in his body and should have died. However...he is still alive today! :)
       *When you asked me to let go of my dream school and go to a public high school. It was hard but I did it and I don't regret it. One of my friends came back to you after I invited her to come to church with me!
        *When I prayed for younger siblings. Instead you gave me Mikaela, Ariel, Gabriel, and Zechariah, the best nieces and nephews a girl could ask for.
        *Going on my 1st missions trip to Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico. I fell in love that week....
        *Looking for my first job. The one place I did not want to work was where you called me. I am so glad I worked there because you gave me countless opportunities to share my faith.
        *When I bought my 1st car. The dealership told me I wouldn't be able to find a car for less than $3000 (my budget) that ran well. I found a car for $1900 and I have had it for over 4 years. Oh yeah!!!
       *When I went to Mexico my semester after high school. Through being there I gained such a boldness and learned what it meant to truly rely on Jesus.
        *When I said I wanted to go to college but remain debt free. Some might think that crazy. However I thought of it as an opportunity to believe in God to be my provider. After 2 1/2 years of college + DLA I am still debt free. AND I did not live at home last year!!
        *Looking for a job when I got back from Mexico. Daddy Cakes (now Billy Vanilly) looked like a place I would love to work, but wouldn't have enough talent for. You told me to apply so I did. WHAT a blessing that job was. I could go on and on...
        *Staying up super late one night I came across DLA. I teared up while I was reading about the school (probably because it was 4am) because it was EXACTLY where I felt I was made to go. Yet you said wait. One day you told me it was time. Now I'm here!
        *Countless things you have set me free from in this last 6 months...shame, fear, so much...
        *The day you filled me with joy. I couldn't stop laughing (in the middle of a serious prayer time I might add) :-)
        *The day you promised me that my father would be healed. Best Day Of My Life!!!!!!!
        *All my silly crushes I had but never any boyfriends. You (Jesus) told me that you didn't want to share me yet, but you wanted me to fall in love with you instead. I since embarked on the best journey I've even been on. Jesus has and is continuing to capture my heart. Daily.

AH!! I love you Jesus!! Thank you for being the best Valentine ever. I'll never regret the years I gave to just spending time with you. Someday I'll have to share you with someone else. For now, I'll enjoy OUR time together.

-Stefanie

  The characteristic that God has been revealing to me most lately is this, His faithfulness. According to Webster's New World Dictionary the definition of faithful is: loyal, conscientious, accurate, reliable. Jesus is proving to me daily that He is loyal. He is reliable. Ahh, He is so amazing!! :)

"The Lord is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all he had made."
Psalm 145:13

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

1 comment: