Wednesday, January 4, 2012

it's more like an ocean...

   Jesus has been so good to me! So SO good. I know I say it a lot, but it's true. I have been praying for God to stir up desires inside of me. I have been praying for God to give me gifts. I have been praying for God to set me free. Guess what? He has. Deuteronomy 4:29 is so true when it says:

"But if from there you seek the Lord your God,
you will find Him
if you look for Him with all your heart and all your soul."

 I prayed a simple prayer. I cried out to God in desperation and I told God that it was time for change. He could have His way in my life. Boy has He. He has spoken to me now more than any other time in my life. I am pretty sure it is just that I have finally taken the time to seek Him. I have removed distractions He has asked me to remove. I have shown Him that I am serious about Him. He told me once that He was just waiting to see how strongly I wanted the change before He began to work.
  God has begun to speak to me through visions and dreams. He shows me pictures. This last week I went to a conference in Kansas City with 25,000 other people. While we were worshiping Jesus on Saturday we sang a song about how God fills our cup to overflowing. In the middle of the song God just stopped my in my tracks and began to show me something. I wrote it down and here it is:
  I long to overflow your cup. The thing is, you've already put your own drink in it. I am not going to mix our drinks together. You must pour out everything to me. Make yourself completely empty. The instant you pour yourself out to me and I clean out your cup I can fill it to overflowing with my goodness. I've got the good stuff. Just trust me. I won't leave your cup empty for one second more than it needs to be. I'll replenish it with something better than you could ever imagine. I'll fill it to overflowing, never ending.
 God has something incredible planned for my life. For your life. However we sometimes allow our own plans to get in the way. We dream dreams and think we know better than God. We don't. We must let go of our plans. Yes, sometimes it hurts. Deeply. However, God's cup of a life overflowing with His goodness is FAR greater than anything we could dream up.
  Tonight I was just spending some time with God and I was marveling at all He had done for me. I was marveling at how I have felt His presence on a much stronger level lately. I have felt Him more often as well. I just got this picture.
  God...His love...His presence..is like an ocean. In our earthly view we think than we can just wade into His ocean of love and think that that will satisfy our souls. We're wrong. So wrong. When we wade into the ocean we aren't even beginning to taste all that He has for us. Sometimes I am brave enough to do go deep enough into the ocean that I could swim around in it. However I get scared and swim back to shore. I thought that swimming in the ocean for a little while was going to be enough to satisfy my soul. I was wrong. So wrong. God wants us to swim out into the ocean of His love, His presence, where the water covers us, and live there. He doesn't want us to swim back to shore. He will sustain us.
  Are you brave enough to try it with me? Let's swim out as deep as we can go and let God's love wash over us. I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed. God does many things. Disappointing people is not one of them.
Craft day with some friends....
just expressing how I feel about the love of my life. ;)

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."
Ephesians 3:20 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment