Saturday, January 14, 2012

God answers prayers....

  Something happened during my break that reminded me of how faithful God is. Actually, several things happened, but one in particular stood out to me. One day my dad came home from work and handed me this:

 To me, this speaks volumes. You see, my dad and I haven't always had the best of relationships. We have similar personalities so we clashed a lot when I was growing up. Also, I HATE when people argue. My parents kind of argued a lot and I wanted to be the peacemaker. However, by my jumping into situations I just made it worse and I would end up getting in a fight, mostly with my dad. It's rather ironic that I would yell to try & stop them from fighting but I was a kid/teenager...Okay, that's not a good excuse and I know it. No worries, God has shown me a lot in the last few years. I am growing up. ;) And God has been putting a new love inside of my heart for my dad....which grew out of prayer. 
 Before I found out about DLA I heard a song by Desperation called 'Light up the World.' It is such a good song but my favorite line that I would always sing a little louder than any other one is this 'I'm gonna believe that fathers and their children will unite.' God does hear us. He does answer us. It just doesn't always happen on our time frame. Do not give up. Take heart and keep praying!!

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Bear with each other
and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:12-14

 My other occurrance which reminded me that God does hear me happened the Sunday before I left. I was thinking back over my break and I had this thought, I didn't even speak it out loud, that I really wished I had gotten to spend more time with my brother one-on-one. A few hours later my brother asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch the next day. Of course I said yes! :-) God just blew my mind. I hadn't even uttered my prayer out loud, it was just a thought. It was as if God was reminding me that He sees everything that goes on inside of my heart. He cares. He really does. :) :) :) :) :)

I LOVE my brother Shaun!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment