Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hidden Beauty

 A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving through western KS to make it back home to Colorado. Yes, my home is in Colorado. At least for the year. I always have a difficult time adjusting at first, but in the end I love where I am. This is how I feel about CO. It's my home. :) Anywhoo....
 I was driving through the flat plains. This trip was particularly hard because #1 - I wasn't quite ready to head back and #2 - my stereo in my car broke & I have no music. While driving I prayed and told God, 'you've got to make this trip easier because I can't make it!!'
  He brought to my attention this song by Gungor called Beautiful Things. There is a line in it that says 'You make beautiful things out of the dust.' This got me thinking about creation. Yes, it is SO much easier for me to see the beauty in the mountains of Colorado. However it says in Genesis 1:31 "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good." It doesn't say He saw all of the mountains He had made and it was very good, but those KS plains, eeh, not so good. It says ALL that He had made. This means, although I don't always find my drive through KS exciting, it is still good.
  God doesn't make mistakes. He didn't simply forget to add depth to KS. He simply made it good in a different way. Hey, if all we saw was mountains we would not enjoy them quite so much as we do now because the terrain is different. I decided I would change my attitude and enjoy my drive through KS!
  On my way to KS and back to CO I decided to explore KS. I heard about something called Monument Rocks in KS that I decided to check out. Pretty impressive....and yes...this is actually KS.





  On my way back to Colorado I stopped at Wilson Lake. My pictures don't quite capture it, but it was actually a really neat place to stop. In the spring, when everything is in bloom, I imagine it is super cool!



I thought the bridge was cool...

It's not flat! ;)

I just thought this was cool...
a tiny house on top of this rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment