Friday, November 18, 2011

The Incline




  I just realized that I never told you guys about my experience climbing The Incline. You might be wondering, what exactly is The Incline? It is a very difficult hiking trail in Manitou Springs which is just outside of Colorado Springs. The trail goes straight up the side of a mountain. There are railroad ties for you to place your feet on when walking. The trail is only 1 mile but in that 1 mile it goes up vertically 2000 feet. It is SO intense. And SO worth it. I LOVE the view. Along the way and at the top. Supposedly at the top you can look out and see as far as Kansas.
   I read about the trail after I attempted to do it and seriously laughed at this websites' description of the time it takes to get up the trail.
Time: 50 minutes for Olympiads. 2-3 hours for mere mortals.

   The Incline has signs that say it is closed to the public. Not true. Coloridians hike up the trail ALL the time. If you are ever in the Springs area I would recommend hiking The Incline. Just know though, it is not for the faint at heart. You must have endurance. There is a false summit about halfway up. You can't see the true top from the bottom so when you reach the false summit you think you have arrived, only to realize how much farther you have to go. The very end is the steepest part as well. It's so rewarding though!!


At the bottom of the Incline
 
The girls I went with the 1st time.


It's kind of intense! ;)
View from the top

More of the incredible view.

No comments:

Post a Comment