Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adorable?

  I was going to write another blog on The Great Romancer. I am probably going to still write it. But first I must take a rabbit trail....
  One of the guys in DLA, Paul, is from Germany. He speaks English very well but there are still some words he does not quite understand how to say the American way. The word adorable is one of them.
  According to dictionary.com adorable means 2 things.
     #1 - very attractive or delightful; charming
     #2- worthy of being adored
   As Americans we tend to use the word adorable via definition #1. If I am describing a little kid I use the word adorable...a lot. ;) Well, my friend Paul is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Seriously. One day someone told him that he was adorable and he said, "I'm not adorable. Only God is adorable." Now, this totally threw me off because, really, when have I ever called God adorable? Probably not very often. I love God, I think He is pretty wonderful, powerful, fantastic, and so many things, but adorable? Paul continued and said, "Only God is worthy to be adored." Oh, wow! Have you ever thought of God as adorable? He truly is the only one worthy to be adored.

   Think about that. Change your opinion of God today. God is adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment