Friday, November 11, 2011

The Great Romancer

  I told you I would write this blog again. The Great Romancer. I just can't not do it. I have someone who is deeply in love with me and me with Him. Why would I not share my experiences?
  Think about it. If you have someone that you are madly, passionately in love with, your natural response is to talk about that person. In my experience, when I have liked a boy, I've talked about him with my friends. So much to the point that I annoyed my friends. Well Jesus is my focus now....so I can't help but talk about Him....my relationship with Him. ;)
   I told you before about my decision to ask Jesus to open my eyes to the ways that He is romancing me. I asked a simple question and my life feels so completely changed. I am on such a journey. God loves me, He really does!! I asked some friends to partner with me on this journey and now I am asking you to join me.
   I have devoted a journal to which I am simply writing down the ways that God is romancing me. The ways He is showering His love down on me.
   Some things are big - God gave me this image: I was thinking about how loved I felt because my friends saved up money for me to come home and God  showed me that in these acts of love by friends/family God is running to the front of them, pushing them out of the way to say "Me, Me! I love you More! They gave you _____ but I DIED for you. I am Jealous for you. You can't forget me!"
   Some things are little - Wednesday night I went to another late night prayer meeting. I lost 1 of my gloves during the day so when I walked out to my car at midnight in the freezing cold I was so excited to see that there wasn't frost on my car. God was helping me out....I didn't have a way to cover my hands so He "scraped" my car off by there not being frost in the first place.
  I am titling my journal The Love Story of Jesus and Stefanie (copying The Story of Gabriel and Stefanie!). I am going to treasure this journal for life. I just know it!
  My challenge to you is to do the same. Write down the ways that God is romancing you...because He is! If you feel distant from God, this will bring you to a greater awareness of Him in your every day life. He is working. Some times we can't feel it. He loves you. Sometimes we forget it. I pray this journey, if you choose to take it with me, changes you.

"If our belief system never leads us to encounter with the person, if it doesn't leave our hearts changed, what good is it?" Mike Donehey, Tenth Avenue North

Date with Jesus
KS sunset on my drive back to Co ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment