Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wait...

  I don't know about you, but God sure seems to have a favorite word for me. Wait. So many times when I have prayed about something...asked Him why, asked Him to change things, or get me out of situations He says 'wait.' That's all. Just 'wait.'
  Recently I was super fed up with God for continuing to use this word. I wanted something new. I was sick of waiting! However He didn't change what He was saying. So I decided to do some research. I love finding out the meaning behind words. Going back to the basics. Wait - to remain until something expected happens; to be ready; to await. I dug deeper still. Await - to be in store for. Ready - prepared to act or be used immediately; willing; available at once.
   So maybe, just maybe, God was trying to tell me that I was not ready. I was not prepared to act or be used immediately if He called me somewhere new. If He called me in a new direction. Maybe, just maybe, there was a reason behind the wait. I taken much time to seek God and ask Him what I still have yet to learn. I want to be ready for the next step. I think it's working. :) I have more direction as to what God is calling me in to right now because I took that step to find out why I am waiting. Instead of continuing to be stubborn and refusing to learn, I chose to learn. Finally. It only took boo koohs of times of God telling me wait. What's His favorite word for you? What is He trying to teach you today?

"I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
WAIT for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and WAIT for the Lord."
-Psalm 27:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment