Monday, September 24, 2012

Life is a Highway....New York

"Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long...."  

  I traveled again. This time to New York. Road trip with my mom. My favorite! Being a road trip this means that we drove through a teeny bit of Kansas, all of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and parts of Pennsylvania and finally New York. I have my goal of going to every state in the US and I got to mark 3 new states off of my list. It was wonderful! :) I am now over halfway there!
 We went to New York to visit family (my parents grew up there) and attend my cousin Matthew's wedding. It was a nice time with family that I haven't seen in a long time. Here are some pictures from the trip...

The 1st of many bridges I captured on camera. ;)
We stopped at the St. Louis Zoo for a quick visit because it's free!
They have water fans to keep the visitors cool. Clever, clever.
Mom and I    ;)

They have a fun seal exhibit.
The penguins were also super cute.
I stopped to capturing a piece of the beauty of God.
Welcome to Ohio!! New State!!
A Christian coffee shop in Columbus has this mural outside the shop.
I just thought the streets full of houses looked really cool. I liked the neighborhood.

Random stop - Niles, Ohio. My parents lived here when my brother was born....30 some odd years ago. ;)

The church that planted the seed for my parents to get saved!!
President McKinley was born in Niles, Ohio. We visited his memorial.
My 1st time in Pennsylvania!! :) Amish country.
They have lots and lots of farms along side the highway.
The church the wedding was held at - very beautiful!
The happy couple - Tessie and Matthew

My adorable second-cousin Leah. :)
My grandparents. :)

I am fascinated by iron bridges.

New York knows how to do weddings right.
The view from where the reception was held.
Do we look like twins? My mom thinks so. :) My uncle Ernie.
My second cousins Colin and James. They are all sooo cute. And they liked me. ;)
A retired bridge down the road from my grandparents house.
Random stop - Amish country in New York. Warning...buggies on the road.
We found one!!
 Erie, Pennsylvania has a very beautiful peninsula that we took a drive on. If you are in the city, stop by.






It is right by an amusement park where the roller coaster went over the road.
We stayed the night in Indianapolis. Cool downtown.
 


:) - Jesus' incredible artwork.
 Did you know that a suburb of St. Louis hold's the world's largest Catsup bottle? We discovered this on our trip. It was on the map, so I decided to check it out. ;)


It's pretty big. The things we find on a map....






Of course we drove by the arch. We were in St. Louis. :)
 There was this super fun downtown street that we found that is full of shops. And cool apartments. And fountains.

No road trip is complete without a trip to a cupcake store. The Cup in downtown St. Louis is worth the stop if you are in the area.

Peach Cobbler - Yum!
 Also, did you know that St. Louis is home to the World's Largest Chess Piece? We discovered that as well...


To end my road trip - another bridge! :)

 Thank you for taking this journey with me across the country. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment