Sunday, September 16, 2012

Life is a Highway....Colorado

  "Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long. If you're going my way, I wanna drive it all night long. Through all these cities and all these towns. It's in my blood...." - Rascal Flatts

  I couldn't have said it better myself. I love this journey of life I am on. It really is a journey. I love traveling. It's in my blood. I just want to go places. I don't like sitting still. That means traveling, and living my life where I am at. The past month was really hard for me because I wasn't sure where God was leading me. I took the step to follow Him back to Topeka. However, after that my plans got all messed up. Because they were my plans, not God's. :) That's a whole different story. The good news is, I now know why I am in Topeka and I am SOOOOOO excited for this next season of life.
  So, the past few weeks have been crazy for me. I went back to Colorado for a friend's wedding. I came home for two days. Then I packed up and took a rode trip to New York with my mom. That means, a LOT of driving happened. Over 3500 miles in 2 weeks. Such fun! Although, I am quite content to stay where I am at for a bit now. I just wanted to share some pictures with you of my fun journeys.

Kaci came with me to Colorado for my friend's wedding. I'd been wanting to go to the top of Pikes Peak all year but hadn't. So that's what Kaci and I did on our trip.

It was pretty chillllly!!

On our way up!!






Jesus is just glorious. His creation blows me away. It's kind of. No, Definitely Super Crazy Beautiful!




We'll be friends for a long long time. :)
We made it to the top! It was freezing....
The railway car we took. 1st time on it. :)
 The whole reason I came to Colorado for the weekend.....Chad and Gabby are such an incredible couple who both love Jesus and are serving Him with everything they have. Their relationship is an example of what a healthy God-fearing couple looks like. I truly admire and respect them.


Ah, the World Prayer Center. I've missed this place a bit. But, God is calling Topeka to be a city of prayer. Yesssss!!!


 The writings on the wall. One of my favorite things....



One of our friends was moving out of the WPC so he gave Marisela his extra food. She was happy! :)


Yobel Market in Old Colorado City.

Shilo joined our journey once we entered Colorado. So blessed by her!

Roadtrip buddies!!
  Life is an adventure...I like to stop in random places. Kaci loves sunflowers. So we stopped on the side of the road and took our picture with some. 




Life is a highway and I'm going to drive it all and experience it to the fullest. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment