Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lessons Learned from Jet-Skiing

  HI! It's been a while. I shared a lesson I learned from my ski trip so I thought I'd share one from jet-skiing as well!
  I went boating and jet-skiing with DLA on our last weekend there. A few times I went jet-skiing with other people. A couple of times I went by myself. I thought I wanted to drive myself more than I wanted to go with other people, so that I could be in control of the jet-ski the whole time. The first time I loved it. I enjoyed the freedom I had, speeding away and doing whatever I wanted. However, it ended up being a little boring by myself. I've realized, life is better when you have other people to enjoy the journey with.
  Anywhoo...I learned something from my rides with friends. When you jet-ski and you aren't the driver the safest way to stay on to jet-ski is to hold on to the person in front of you. In my case I hugged them as hard as I could, because I didn't want to fall off. God was showing me after how my life with Him can be like a jet-ski ride.
  When you are the passenger you can't see so well where you are going. You aren't the one directing the jet-ski. You are just along for the ride. You have to learn to trust the driver. And cling to the driver because without their support you just might fall off. just like we have to learn to trust God. And cling to Him for dear life.
Lake Ogallalah
  On the ride you encounter ups and downs. The water doesn't stay the same and your ride changes with the waves. Sometimes life takes you up. Sometimes you crash back down on the water, and it hurts a little. Sometimes you think you know where the ride is headed, or where you are going in life, and then all of the sudden you take a sharp turn to the right or left and everything changes. The change doesn't mean the ride isn't fun anymore. It's actually more exciting when you don't know what is going to happen at all times. Our relationship with God is to be the same way. We don't want the same experiences all of the time. We want to move and grow with God. We want excitement. And He wants to give it to us. :) He wants to show us a wonderfully wild life. He has BIG plans for us. Bigger than we can dream up!
  Also, I felt the safest when I was leaning in, when I wasn't on my own. God wants us to feel safe in His arms. In His embrace. Do you want to live life on your own strength, with your own plans, or do you want to lean in to ALL that God has for you, and experience a wild and crazy life along the way?? You choose! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment