Saturday, August 11, 2012

In the meantime....

A beautiful KS sunset. ;-)
  I've been back in Topeka for 2 weeks. I think I am finally adjusting to this all. :) It took me a bit. So many times in the last week I would look off to the west and be disappointed because there weren't mountains. I just honestly forgot where I was. We don't quite have mountains here in KS.
   I am still trying to figure out exactly what the future holds for me. I am beginning to get a picture of it and it excites me. 
   I wanted to share with you something God laid on my heart at the beginning of the year. My pastor spoke on the life of Abraham and how he lived:

 "By faith Abraham, 
when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, 
obeyed and went,
even though he did not know where he was going.
By faith he made his home in the promised land
like a stranger in a foreign country;
he lived in tents,
 as did Isaac and Jacob,
who were heirs with him of the same promise.
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations,
whose architect and builder is God."
Hebrews 11:8-10

   This is what I felt God telling me - that I am to live my life the same way, as in a tent. Whether I stay or go is up to God. My house is not my permanent residence. Rather wherever God calls me is where I need to be. Whether I am there a year or five years. Coming home I had decided I was not going to be back in Kansas for an extremely long amount of time because of that. On top of that I didn't quite want to come home.
   So my first day back I went to church. Someone came up to me and asked how I was. I told them great but I didn't really want to be there. They told me something profound, yet so simple. "Wherever you are, be all there." It doesn't really matter where you. The fact is God has us in one spot for a reason. We need to find out what the reason is and focus on that. Not anything else.
    I am here in Topeka. I don't know everything yet that I am supposed to do. However, in the meantime.....I'll be all here! :) Wherever you are at in life, I challenge you as well to be all there!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment