Friday, December 9, 2011

The Power of Healing

  I will say yet again how incredible this last week was. Spending hours upon hours in God's presence. I heard His voice so many times. He spoke to me. He revealed parts of my future to me. He opened my mouth to speak in the presence of those I was once afraid of. He gave me words of life to share with others. I have a confidence that I've never had before. Because I simply chose to sit with Jesus.
  I have a challenge to you: if you ever have the time to spend a whole week or even a whole day with God, do it! It might sound cheesy to you but it is so beneficial. Just think about. When you are in a relationship with someone, what is the best way to get to know them, to get on a more intimate level? Spend time with them. Go on a date. Sit together on the couch and talk. Just be together. That is exactly what God has been revealing to me lately. He is real. Why don't we always act like He is? Why don't we give Him the time of day? Why don't we ask Him His opinion on what we do throughout the day? He cares, because He cares deeply about us.

"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
He will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
Revelation 7:17

  In this last week God has just brought me back through my first 3 months of DLA and shown me all that He has done in my life. Sometimes, looking at my life through my own eyes, I am unaware. I am so grateful to God for showing me. He revealed how much of my past He has healed me from. He has filled me with so much joy that I believe that it radiates off of me. The crazy part about that is that before I came here I prayed and asked God to make me contagious for Him. I have so much more to learn about Him but I know He has already begun to answer that prayer. Thank you Jesus!!
  Now, I want to share with you an image God gave me. I was talking with a friend over coffee about what God has done in our lives this first semester. We were both in awe of God. Exactly as it should be. ;) While talking God showed me a picture of His healing.
  When God heals he doesn't just put a band aid on the wound and call it good. He rips the band aid off. He begins to dig deep into the wound and get out ALL of the junk. That process is SO painful, yet it leads to a Complete and Total healing. There is no ugliness left after God completes the healing. There might be a scar that remains from the wound, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. Rather, it is a reminder. It is a 'look what the Lord has done' scar. It is an example of God's miraculous power!
  I pray that this image sticks with you throughout your life. Let God in, be vulnerable. Then, stand back and watch what God will do! He won't disappoint.

  By the way, this is my 25th blog post! - Random fact for the day!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment