Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Banquet

  This year of school DLA is set up a little differently than normal. In previous years students could join at semester, such as in January or September. Now we simply start in September. Because of the different start dates we had a graduation last Tuesday for the students who started school in January of 2011. We all dressed up in pretty dresses (girls) and nice shirts (guys) ;-) ate dinner, and celebrated our friends who were graduating. Of course, we had to end the night with a dance party while cleaning up. I am convinced DLA can not have a party without some goofy dancing involved. ;)
  Anywhoo, it was a bittersweet moment seeing people graduate and receive their rings. When you graduate you get a ring and engraved on it is the saying 'For the Lamb's Reward.' Those completing a 2nd year receive a frame with a verse picked out especially for them. The directors of the school spend time in prayer, asking God to give them a verse for each graduate, encompassing their life in the past, and what God is calling to them.
  It was an incredible night: food, gift exchange, graduation, dance parties and all....and I took some pictures with my friends! I had to...I mean, we were all dressed up and that doesn't always happen. ;)
We had a gift exhange and the guy who got my name bought me raisins and cake supplies - good job Andrew!! I think he had some help. ;-)

 Janelle, Brenna, Tucker, Dorie, Buckie
Me and Marisela

My accountability group
Anna, Charaia, me, Christelle, and Gabby

Too many people to share their names....
my crazy DLA friends! ;)

My WONDERFUL host parents Patty and Gordy

Me and Hannah!!

Patty, Alex, Laura and Me

We all either live at the Decker's house or have lived with them!
We had a Secret Santa gift exchange and I had my friend Buckie.
:)

My housemate Alex who came to Topeka with me for Thanksgiving.
She just graduated & just moved back to Cali. :(

Marisela, me, Dorie, and Stacey

 One of my favorite girls...Lindy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment