Friday, October 14, 2011

Community Week

  SO much has happened in my life in the short month and a half that I have been in Colorado Springs.  God is moving. God is doing something miraculous in my life. He is breaking me off all the things that are not of Him, all the things that get in the way of our relationship. He is making me stronger, by relying solely upon Him. God is good!! Actually, He is WAY beyond good! I have been re-learning how true it is that when we are at our weakest points in life, God comes in and blows us away with His strength. I was struggling with something, so I told God I just couldn't do it without Him. That night I just felt overwhelmed by His love and power in my life. He put new direction in my life. He is so Amazing!
 "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses,
 in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 9-10
  I think it's time to share some fun things I have been doing. We had a community week last week. This means we didn't have class time in the morning. Instead we got together for fun activities

Pumpkin Carving!!
Katie and Kylan
All of the full-time DLA students!
Milbia, Me, Mali, and Lindy
 Monday was fall festival. We carved pumpkins, bobbed for apples, had an apple cider chugging contest (difficult to do!) and then we enjoyed a bonfire at night time.

Tuesday we went for a hike at Mt. Herman. It took us FOREVER to finally start hiking. We went to a place we couldn't get in at 1st. Then we decided on Mt. Herman but we went all the way to the top, had to drive back to the bottom, started hiking, had to go back down to meet the rest of the group And Then we got to hike. It was a beautiful hike and worth the crazy wait!
Having fun rock climbing!!
Sean, Caleb, Tucker, and Meghan


Wednesday we played a game called Bigger and Better. We started with a penny and had to go up to people and ask them to trade us something either bigger or better than a penny.
Our exchange went something like this:
Penny - new pack of mints - little pink football - a make it yourself sushi kit -
 football helmet - kids footstool - trampoline guard - a bike!

Thursday we went out for ice cream...all of the DLA students.
This means around 100 people in one ice cream store.
 It was packed, to say the least. :)
SO yummy! I had oatmeal cookie ice cream. ;)

Silly boys! Caleb, me, Brenna, and Tucker in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment