Friday, October 21, 2011

Corem Deo

   Last weekend I had the opportunity to go on the high school retreat. I didn't go as a leader. I went as part of work crew. This means that we served all the meals to the students and cleaned up after they left the dining hall.
    Never have I ever been to such a nice campground! We went to Crooked Creek Ranch in Fraser, CO. Every trip I take takes me further and further west into the Rocky Mountains. Boy are they beautiful!! I thought Colorado Springs was the most beautiful city ever. Now I know better. ;) It's like our relationship with God. Once we grasp a new part of Him and think we understand Him more, He opens our eyes to the fact that there is SO much more we don't understand or haven't experienced yet. Never will we fully know the beauty of God. That is part of God's majesty!!
  Back to the retreat. It was So awesome being there and serving students. As you can see by the picture, this was no ordinary dining hall. The evening dinner on Saturday is always a themed dinner. This year it was superhero night!! We made the dining hall even more impressive with tablecloths, linen napkins, and fancy glass drinking cups. It was so much fun to see everyone dressed up in their costumes! Even the servers got to dress up. I was "Super Stefanie" ....copying my costume from a few years back when I was "Super Aunt." ;)
  Never have I ever been to a campground that provides towels, sheets, and pillows for every person staying there.  I went to serve and I left feeling so blessed. Each member of work crew was given a bag of candy when we got to the retreat, and our work crew cabin was stocked with lots of snack goodies for us. Again, blessed. They didn't have to do any of that for us, yet they did.
  The name of the retreat was Corem Deo. This means 'in the presence of God.' Ah...God was most definitely at Corem Deo! After I finished help cleaning up the dining hall I was able to sneak away to the evening service Saturday night and Sunday morning. On Saturday the speaker was talking about how we must be passionate for God and run full force after what He calls us to do. He used the analogy of a white rhino. They are massive, ginormous animals. They can't see very far in front of them but they can run up to 30 miles per hour. We must be like the rhinos...get a vision for what God wants us to do and run hard after that. We will be so victorious!! It is so amazing to be able to worship Jesus with young people who are passionate about God. Several hundred people together in one room singing praises to our King = beautiful!! :)
Cabins

Crooked Creek ;)


Outside the dining hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment