Monday, October 17, 2011

Dry Bones

   God is so very awesome! He rewnews our strength when we are weak. I have been praying for healing for my father for as long as I could pray. Somedays it is very discouraging and it feels like he will never be healed. Yet....
   I've been reading in Luke lately. I came across a very encouraging passage. Luke 18:1-8. It is the parable of the persistent widow. This widow kept going back to a judge who cared nothing for her or her God. Time after time she would come back and ask the judge to grant her justice against her adversary. Because of her persistence the judge granted her justice. In this passage the Lord says "And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to Him day and night? Will He keep putting them off? I tell you, He will see that they get justice, and quickly." God reminded me of His faithfulness through this passage. He has never failed me, nor will He. He promised to heal my father. However, it is not on my timetable, rather on His.
   2 weeks ago God gave me a passage to pray over my father. Ezekiel 37:1-14. God tells Ezekiel to prophesy over these dry bones that are lying in the desert. To prophesy life into the dry bones. God was going to bring His people back to the land of the living. God was going to breathe life into dry bones and raise up His people. My absolute favorite part of this passage is the very end. "Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord."
   God does the impossible. He does it on His timetable. He does it so His glory can shine. There is NO ONE greater than God. No not one!
   God gave me a song to go along with the scripture. I challenge you to listen to 'Dry Bones' by New Life Worship. Read Ezekiel 37:1-14. Ask God if you have any areas in your life that He wants to prophesy life into!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjY8ocq4BSs

No comments:

Post a Comment