Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Here

   I have been in Colorado Springs for 10 days so far. I knew that moving away from my family and friends would be hard, but I don't think I realized how hard. Our first week at school was packed FULL of information. Days of going over rules. Lots of new faces. A 6:30am workout. I was stressed out by the new adjustment. The altitude is quite a bit higher here in Colorado Springs which led to several headaches on my part. I am happy to report that I am have now adjusted to the altitude. 
  On Thursday of our 1st week we all took part in what is called a low ropes course. We had to do several team building exercises together. I loved this because everything had a Biblical persepective to it. Every time that our group was getting frustrated or could not figure something out, we had to "run to the cross." There wasn't really a cross but there was a gathering of logs which was to symbolize the cross. The purpose was to remind us of where to turn to when things get tough. It was SO refreshing because our team would pray together before we left the cross. The difficult thing about it was that we were literally running to the cross, and we did it about 30 times. I got my workout that day!
  My FAVORITE exercise we did together was the simplest. My team got together in a line, everyone closed their eyes, and we had one hand on the shoulder of the person in front of us. We had a facilitator who shook a water bottle in front of the head of our line and we had to follow the sound. Everyone helped each other out by saying if there was a hole in the ground or sticks ahead to prevent each other from falling down. We walked around an uneven field and through a bit of forest before we were allowed to open our eyes. Before we were allowed to open them our facilitator read us this verse.
Isaiah 42:16
And I will lead the blind
in a way that they do not know,
in paths that they have not known
I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness before them into light,
    the rough places into level ground.
These are the things I do,
and I do not forsake them.
  This was SO powerful to me at that moment because it was so very literal. I had been walking blind through a field I did not know and had to trust someone else to guide me. How much more does God lead us throughout our life in places we do not know. God is SO awesome. Ask Him for guidance and He will be there!
  Forgive me for this is a long post and I have not added any pictures to it. Someday, when my internet source is better I will. For now, I hope you enjoyed my words. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment