Monday, July 23, 2012

The Dream Giver

  I graduated from DLA yesterday. I'm done. I can't quite believe it. It hasn't hit me yet. I'll blog about that later. However, I wanted to share something Jesus has done for me over this last year. Do you know those little prayers that you utter up to God but you don't think He hears. Sometimes they aren't even prayers you speak out loud. They are more like thoughts in your head? Well, I had one of those experiences again. More like a year of them. :)
   I have always had a list of places I have wanted to go and things I have wanted to do. I just realized the other day how I have gotten to go/do several things on my list this past year in DLA. I LOVE traveling....I have a goal of going to all 50 states in the United States. Over my time in DLA I went to 8 new states. That's pretty great for one year!
  I have always wanted to go jet-skiing before. This last weekend we went on a boating trip & I got to jet-ski. What made it even more fun is that I got to ride with some incredible friends (instead of just riding by myself)......who are all very dear to me. Earlier this year I went skiing - always wanted to do that as well. I've always wanted to go white-water rafting as well. 2 weekends ago I did that for the first time.
  Yep, life with Jesus can be pretty exciting. There is a song that says it best...."Come Away with me (Jesus)....I have a plan for you, it's gonna be wild, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be full of me." Basically if we follow after Jesus He has an incredible life in store for us, and it isn't just in the spiritual realm. He has a wild life of fun things planned for us as well. He wants us to enjoy life!!!!!!!

  "Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord 
and He will give you the desires of your heart."
-Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment