Friday, July 6, 2012

A Different Kind of Peace

   I've been on a journey lately. A journey of having God weed out the bad in my life. The things that aren't of Him. The thoughts and ideas that have been placed there by others. This means it isn't always easy, but so rewarding in the end. What is better than really TRULY living in what God has for you?  - Nothing. :)

  "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."
John 15:1-2

Just a little bit of the smoke over the city...
   This verse basically says it all. In case you haven't heard, the state of Colorado has been experiencing some wildfires this summer. The city of Colorado Springs especially. Now, the pictures on the news kind of made it seem like the whole city was under fire, which wasn't true. However my house was evacuated for a few days. Those few days happened to be in the middle of our first Desperation Conference. 
   Getting evacuated AND helping work at a conference could amount to lots of stress. At first it did bother me. However God got a hold of me. :) He reminded me of His incredible peace that He wants to offer to us.

 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

HIS incredible sunset. Just a piece of His majesty.
      God reminded me that although troubles come, His peace also comes. The thing is that I like to trust that everything will be okay in the end. But sometimes bad things happen. About 350 houses got burned in the fire in Colorado Springs. My house could have been one of them. However, it wasn't. God wanted to me to have peace in Him regardless of the outcome, not just if my house was fine. This was a great chance to learn to trust God and have peace NO matter what happens. Peace that He is in control even if the situation looks bad to me. I am not God. I don't know everything He knows. So, maybe it is just time to step back and trust Him. Allow the peace that transcends all understanding to wash over me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment