Friday, July 1, 2011

Letting Go

    Yesterday I went swimming with my sister and her kids and we had a blast!! Zechariah, my 3 1/2 year-old nephew was a little too afraid to get in the water by himself and so I gave him rides around the pool after he hopped on my back. One time my sister told me to let go of him in the water (he had floaties on so he would not go under). Zechariah did not care that he had floaties on, he did not want me to let go of him and so he held on to me as hard as he could when I tried to let go of him. I knew he would be okay, but he couldn't see that.
    When I was journaling last night God brought this scenario with Zechariah back up to me. He told me that He knows what I am capable of, and He does not want me to remain in my comfort zone. He wants to let me go where I think I can't go, because He knows I can do it. God wants me outside of my comfort zone, because the more time I spend outside of it, the stronger I will become. He wants to strengthen me and He wants to do the same for you as well. :) Are you willing to trust Him??

No comments:

Post a Comment