Thursday, June 16, 2011

Choices

  "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made ALL the difference." -Robert Frost

I am so amazed as to the amount of choices we must make in life. Every single day gives way to even more choices. Some are simple, like what to wear, while some are a little more complex and have a greater effect on the future.
  Right now I have a choice. I know what I must do, and I know what I want to do. Is it possible that I want to go in two different directions at once? As most of you know, I am a baker. I have loved cooking/baking for as long as I could remember. I remember one evening when a friend of mine spent the night at my house we baked a pumpkin pie for fun. :) Growing up I always thought I wanted to open my own restaurant, then later a bakery, and after that a coffee shop/bookstore. After working for two and a half years at a bakery I decided it wasn't what I wanted to do anymore. Or so I thought.
  Baking is a part of me. I don't think I can ever erase the fact that I like creating food for people to sit together and enjoy. As I began to plan to attend school in Colorado my boss began to plan to open another cupcake store in Lawrence. I knew I would be leaving, I knew I wouldn't be a part of this store. I did not realize the difficulty of embracing this fact. We are in the planning/beginning of construction stage for the new Billy Vanilly Cupcakes store in Lawrence. I went to the new location last weekend. While there my boss pointed out another store in Lawrence that has the name of the store manager on the front window and said "That could be your name there if you weren't going to Colorado." Ah!! How crazy is God's timing!? I know that He knew Way before me that Billy Vanilly would be opening a new store where I could be granted a chance to further my career RIGHT when He was calling me to Colorado. I am most definitely positive that God knew that given the chance I would have taken that new opportunity. Yet He has other plans for me. I feel as if God is telling me now that I have the choice to either follow what I believe are the desires of my heart or choose to trust Him, who knows the desires of my heart even better than I do. :) God is So awesome and I choose to trust Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment