Thursday, July 25, 2013

Arms Wide Open

   Seasons. I loooooove them. Constantly changing. Allowing for new things to take place. Maybe you don't particularly like one season of life but you continue through it because you know something better is coming. For instance, winter is not my most favorite time of year, but that's fine by me because I know that spring is just around the corner. Then soon it will be fall. I enjoy them both sooo much! If it was spring or fall all year round I probably would not enjoy the weather as much. Thus the joy in different seasons.
  This year has been a season of trust for me. A BIG ONE. As a follower of Christ we are called to constantly trust God, without really knowing what is coming next. Trust that He knows best. Trust that He is going to give us that very best. Trust that He isn't holding out on us (like the enemy tries to convince us).

Trust - firm belief in the honesty, reliability, etc. of another; confident expectation, hope

   Have you ever seen this interaction?
        A child goes up to their daddy and says "Daddy how much do you love me?" He opens up his arms as wiiiiiiiiiiide as they will go and says "I love you this much!!" Or maybe it is the child telling the parent they love them that much. The point is that they want the person to know that they love them an incredible amount. That nothing hinders that love.
       This is what Jesus has been doing with me lately. He's asking me "Stefanie, how much do you trust me?" I want to spread my arms out as wide as I can and tell Him that I trust Him fully and completely. Nothing holding me back. However, that is not the case. I'm human. In reality I can maybe space my hands out about a foot apart and tell God that I trust Him that much. He sees that, and He sees my desire to trust Him more, and so He is giving me opportunities to stretch my arms out a little farther. To trust Him more. It hurts to stretch, but once you get used to the stretching, it isn't so bad. Right? ;)

     So........how much do you trust God? Do you have a confident expectation or hope in His ability to care for you? To provide for you? Do you believe He is honest and reliable? 
     How about this? Ask Him to stretch your arms out a little wider. Maybe someday they will be wide open!

 


Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
 And my faith will be made stronger... 
-Oceans by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment