Monday, March 19, 2018

Music Monday // Reckless Love

  Yesterday at church we sang this powerful song, Reckless Love. It was not the first time I have heard it, but reading the lyrics as we sang along, made it all the more meaningful. All the more beautiful.

  Pastor John's sermon was titled "Reaching." If one of us had the cure to cancer, we would NOT be keeping it to ourselves. We would be telling medical personnel, who can get it to all those in need. We would be telling EVERYONE we knew who was affected by it. We would not keep that information to ourselves. As believers, we have a cure that is Better than cancer. It has an eternal impact that covers every disease, every problem, every hurt, every lie, every broken relationship, all pain, and so much more...

  Are we reaching out to others with our knowledge? Am I reaching? I know so many people who have not yet grabbed a hold of this cure. Yet, am I sharing it with them? I am all about building a relationship with someone before having some serious, heart searching conversations. However, do I wait too long? Do I let fear get in the way? Am I truly listening to the Holy Spirit's guidance?

  I know the answer is not what I would like it to be. I am human and I fail so many times. I ignore God's voice more often that I would like to admit. Yet listening to this song yesterday I was encouraged.

  With tears streaming down my face I was thinking of some very specific people who are missing out on the Father's love. They are missing out on the cure. They may have never found it desirable, applicable to their lives, or they may have walked away from it. No matter the reason, if you have not yet experienced the Father's deep, deep, reckless love for you, you are on my heart. I am thinking of you when I hear this song and I am lifting your name up to the Father. May you know the Father's reckless love. May every doubt and every hurt be washed away. May this song speak to you in a way that you aren't expecting. May you be in awe of the Father's love.

  Thank you for taking the time to hear my heart. I am sorry for every time I have ignored my Father speaking to me. Thankfully, as the lyrics say, this reckless love "fights 'til I'm found." This mean Jesus is not limited by my mistakes, or yours. He "fights 'til I'm found," til you are found, til we are all found. He is reckless and never ending!!!!! He wants to tear down every wall you and I have built up. He wants to tear down every lie you and I have been believing and replace it with truth!

Cory Asbury

Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so, so kind to me
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
When I was Your foe, still Your love fought for me
You have been so, so good to me
When I felt no worth, You paid it all for me
You have been so, so kind to me
And oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
And I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me
(x4)

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
And I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah

*Click the song title for a link to the song*

No comments:

Post a Comment