Monday, December 9, 2013

Cliff Jumping

   Ohhh goodness. Life is so wonderful. So crazy. So unexpected. So fun. Full of twists and turns. Last week I did something crazy. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision by any means. Yet, for me it was crazy. Kind of like jumping off of a cliff.

   I have been working at Billy Vanilly Cupcakes for 5 years come January. It has been a joyous 5 years. I was confident that I was supposed to work there. From the beginning. When I moved to Colorado for DLA I was confident that I would not return to Billy Vanilly. God had other plans. I have been back for over a year and I knew once again that that was where God wanted me. Since the middle of the summer however I began to sense that my time there was drawing to a close. I would pray and ask God if it was time and He kept saying 'not yet'. Recently I finally felt that God was telling me that it was time. I spent MUCH time in prayer before I did anything about it.

  A week ago I talked to my boss and told her that I would be quitting at the end of the year. That in itself isn't that crazy. However, I have NO idea what I am doing next. I just really feel God leading me into a season of 100% completely trusting and relying on Him to provide for me. To give me new direction. I'm not sure where I am headed, but I want to make sure I am pointed in the right direction. Before I can take another step I have to stop and listen. This being said, I don't have another job that I am moving into. I'm not supposed to.

  My security blanket is Jesus. Not a job. Not the number in my bank. It's God. I am jumping off a cliff into the great unknown. However, I am confident that that great unknown is not land that I am smacking into. It is as ocean. Of God's goodness. His provision. Faithfulness. His plan for my life. I jumped. Now I can't wait to see what washes over me. I have SUCH a peace inside right now. I know without a doubt that this is what I am supposed to do. I look forward to sharing with you what exactly God has in store for me. I am not sure what it is. I do know this. It is good. I am CONFIDENT of that. ;)
2014 is going to be a GOOD year!

Let's go headed down the open road unknown....
And we find what we're made of
through the open door
Is it fear you're afraid of?
What are you waiting for?!
Love alone is worth the fight!!!!
- Switchfoot
 

No comments:

Post a Comment