Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Little Update


  Well I wanted to update you with my current status. As I write this I have 5 hours until I meet with the team to head to the airport. Since I wrote my previous post I have been saving my tip money on a daily basis. It's been adding up. Sometimes a lot and sometimes a little. Sometimes none.    I shared in a previous post that I would be going to Mexico this Christmas to help deliver gifts to families at a church that we partner with. I am going because I prayed a crazy prayer and asked God to provide me with the funds for a plane ticket through my tips at work if He wanted me to go to Mexico. Then I would know for sure that I was supposed to go. The day after I prayed that prayer I got a $60 tip. Totally God. I was going to Mexico!

  A friend gave me a good suggestion to make a little sign to put up by the tip jar to say I was saving money for a missions trip. I liked the idea buuuut I didn't feel like it was the God plan for me. I really wanted God to just show me how great of a provider He is. So I said nothing. I simply waited on God. As always, He was faithful to provide. Yesterday I added my money up and I was 50 cents short of my plane ticket price. I told my sister and she reminded me that I had actually overpaid her the first time by about 50 cents. So right now I am here to tell you that God has provided!! The entire cost of my plane ticket was provided for me without me asking anyone but Him. Incredible!  
Jehovah Jireh - the Lord will provide - this is the TRUTH that I stand upon.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God:
that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
And if we know that he hears us 
- whatever we ask -
we know that we have what we asked of him."
1 John 5:14-15

  I would appreciate your prayers as we fly to Mexico and deliver these gifts. Pray for protection over us. Pray that we accurately display Christ's love to these families. Pray that they know they are loved and feel blessed. Pray that we speak when God is speaking to us and that He gives us words for these families!
  I sincerely pray that this story is an inspiration to you. Don't be afraid to pray a crazy prayer and give God room to move. I think He kind of likes it that way. ;) Let Him show you what He can do!!!

*This story was inspired by the story of George Mueller and his ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment